Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor Vehicle Accidents

As a personal injury lawyer, I represent people injured in motor vehicle accidents and their families. Motor vehicle accidents include accidents that take place with cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, trains, ATVs and pedestrians. Dealing with the effects of a motor vehicle accident can be difficult and stressful. Medical bills start to pile up, you may be out of work, insurance companies start calling and may try to force a settlement on you for your injuries or the damage to your vehicle. You may need a rental vehicle. When you are injured in a motor vehicle accident because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you do not deserve to be short-changed or treated poorly by the insurance company. No matter the severity of your injuries, you have the right to seek financial compensation for your pain and suffering. You do not have to deal with the insurance companies alone. You can have an attorney on your side. I believe that the most important thing should be your recovery while I deal with the insurance companies.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS….. Insurance companies exist to MAKE MONEY, not pay claims. They are not “on your side”, they are not your “good neighbor” and you are not “in good hands”.

I am experienced in negotiating with insurance companies and claims arising from motor vehicle accidents. If the insurance companies are not reasonable, I am not afraid to file a lawsuit and take your case to Court. Do not try to deal with the insurance companies yourself — let me deal with them for you.


1. Can I make a claim if I have Limited Tort?
If you have selected limited tort on your insurance policy, in order to recover for your pain and suffering, you must establish that you have sustained a serious injury which has been defined as death, serious permanent disfigurement or a serious impairment of a body function. The serious impairment injury is very ambiguous. Many times, the injuries that the insurance companies consider insignificant are an incredible burden on you and your family. It is important that you speak with an attorney before accepting the insurance company’s word that you do not have a case because of limited tort.

2. If I am in an accident but I do not have insurance, can I still recover for my injuries?
Yes. Even if you own an uninsured vehicle, you may be able to recover for your injuries.

3. Who will pay for my medical bills?
In Pennsylvania, no matter whose fault the accident was, your own insurance carrier pays your own medical bills. If you don’t have auto insurance, your bills may be paid by the insurance company of the vehicle you were a passenger in, the insurance carrier of the vehicle which struck you or The Assigned Claims Plan of Pennsylvania. If the medical payment portion of your auto insurance is exhausted, your private health carrier will pay your medical bills. If you have no private health insurance, then any outstanding medical bills should be recovered from the negligent party. It is important that you speak with an attorney to understand your rights.

4. The negligent party had no insurance or they fled the scene. Can I still recover?
Yes, if you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy. You should speak with an attorney about this issue.