Slip and Fall Injuries
Whether a person or company owns a business, a commercial establishment, or a home, there is an expectation that the property is kept safe for customers or visitors. Slipping or tripping and falling can result in serious injuries. Water or other slippery substances may be left on a supermarket floor, or store employees may leave objects on the floor that may cause tripping accidents, or a pavement may be cracked, raised or broken in such a manner as to cause someone to trip.
Regardless of whether the property is a neighbor’s home, a supermarket, office building or even a gas station, it is the owners’ responsibility to maintain sidewalks, parking lots, driveways and other areas of their property. As an attorney experienced in handling slip and falls, I am effectively able to evaluate the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine if you have a claim. Some areas of negligence may involve:
- Failure to remove snow or ice in a timely fashion
- Failure to clear an area
- Failure to keep walkways free from debris or obstacles
- Failure to keep premises free from defects
- Failure to maintain torn carpet/mats resulting in trip and fall accidents
- Failure to properly mark wet floors
- Failure to provide adequate lighting
- Failure to provide handrails
- Failure to repair steps and/or sidewalks
If you have suffered an injury when you slipped, tripped, fell or maybe were even struck by a falling object in a store or public place, it is important that you contact an attorney to understand your rights.